Since the financial crisis of 2008, banks have been bombarded with legal and regulatory mandates that require compliance. Sarbanes Oxley, Dodd-Frank and Basel III all demand attention, plus ever-changing new and far-reaching regulations can impact every area of your bank’s business.
These complex regulations place unending demands for both time and expertise, as compliance can be cumbersome and non-compliance can be costly. That’s why identifying and addressing the relevant regulations and exercising prudent risk management practices have never been more important.
Many large financial institutions employ a Chief Risk Officer to identify and manage risk. However smaller banks often can’t afford this luxury, which is why Grayline created a Virtual Risk Officer (“VRO”) service.
Grayline’s end-to-end regulatory risk advisory service includes:
- A Holistic Methodology: By applying MAPPS© (Management Approach to Policies and Procedures), Grayline can help identify the applicable laws and regulations, the current capital markets factors, and the likely perspectives of auditors which can influence the success of a firm’s risk management strategies.
- Efficient Processes and Procedures: Grayline uses a detailed process to identify risks across the institution, then measures and monitors risks, manages with a consistent strategy and presents management with clear and actionable reports.
- Optimized Security Information and Event Management: By helping complex organizations with vendor selection, deployment and ongoing development, Grayline leverages the power of SIEM technologies for actionable security visibility across the IT environment.
- Improved Cross-Functional Collaboration: By creating and promoting a common language throughout your organization, Grayline facilitates a united, consistent and proactive approach between finance, treasury, operations and compliance.
- Customized Risk Analytics: Grayline designs custom applications to enhance automation methods for measuring and monitoring risk. As a result, consistency and accuracy are improved, and the cost of internal resources required to analyze data and prepare management reports is reduced.
To learn more about how Grayline can help your financial institution manage risk, maintain regulatory compliance, and use analytics to help measure and monitor risk, contact us.